Kaba Ilco Unican Simplex 1000 or 2000 Push Button Lock Operation
Testing the operation of the push button lock with factory set combination
1) Enter the factory-set combination: Depress buttons 2 and 4 at the same time, release both buttons. You should feel a slight click as each button is depressed. Now press button 3 only and release.
2) Turn the outside lever or knob until it stops and hold it there. Make sure the latch is fully retracted and FLUSH with the faceplate. This ensures that both your installation is correct and that the mechanism is fully retracting the latch bolt into the edge of the door.
3) Release the outside lever or knob. The latch should return to the fully extended position.
4) Turn the outside lever or knob again to verify that it does not retract the latch bolt when no combination, or the wrong combination is entered. This step ensures that the combination chamber is working with only the set combination and that the lock is working properly. This step will also alert you whether a lock with passage function is enabled or not. If the lock has a key bypass, test the key to see if it retracts the latch bolt at this time.
4) Turn the inside lever or knob until it stops and hold it there.The latch should be fully retracted until it is FLUSH with the faceplate. Release the lever or knob. The latch should return to the fully extended position.
5) CHANGE THE COMBINATION- It is not a good idea to leave these locks set to the factory combination after they have been installled. For combination changing instructions for Kaba Ilco 1000 / Simplex 1000, see our article on changing the combination on these pushbutton locks.